Makes 12-24 pill pockets, depending on size wanted.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon milk or yogurt or applesauce or mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (MUST NOT CONTAIN XYLITOL)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (buckwheat, garbanzo, potato or rice flour works too)
- In a small bowl, combine all three ingredients
- Mix and knead until completely combined
- Divide the dough into small balls according to the size you’ll need for your pills
- Use a pen or a meat thermometer to make an adequate sized hole through one end, (that’ll be your opening that the pill will be fit into)
- You’re done! Now store your goodies out of reach in a plastic bag in the refrigerator
- Write on bag the date the milk or dairy product you used expires (that’s how long the pill pockets will be good for)
Remember poop talks (as Dr. Russell always says). Whenever you introduce a new treat or ingredient into your pet’s diet, watch the poops. If poops get runnier or your pet has any vomiting, these ingredients may not be a good fit.